Skip to main content

Show filters

Hide filters

See all filters

higher education lecturer





Higher education lecturers instruct students who have obtained an upper secondary education diploma in their own specialised field of study, which is predominantly academic in nature. They may have job titles such as senior lecturer or professor. They work with their teaching and research assistants for the preparation of lectures and exams, for grading papers and exams, for leading laboratory practices, and for leading review and feedback sessions for the students. They also conduct academic research in their respective field, publish their findings and liaise with their academic colleagues.

Alternative Labels

university lecturer


higher education instructor

higher education lecturer


university reader

principal lecturer

HE lecturer

university professor

research lecturer

higher education senior lecturer

teaching fellow

Regulatory Aspect

To see if and how this occupation is regulated in EU Member States, EEA countries or Switzerland please consult the Regulated Professions Database of the Commission. Regulated Professions Database:

Skills & Competences