Skip to main content

Show filters

Hide filters

See all filters

healthcare specialist lecturer





Healthcare specialist lecturers are subject professors, teachers, or lecturers, and often doctors who instruct students who have obtained an upper secondary education diploma in their own specialised field of healthcare, which is predominantly academic in nature. They work with their university research assistants and university teaching assistants for the preparation of lectures and of exams, for grading papers and exams, for leading laboratory practices, and for leading review and feedback sessions for the students. They also conduct academic research in their respective field of specialist healthcare, publish their findings and liaise with other university colleagues.

Scope note

Includes people performing specialised fields of healthcare education. Includes professors of embryology, orthopaedics, geriatrics, pathology, pedagogy, paediatrics and dietetics.

Alternative Labels

pathology professor

geriatrics lecturer

healthcare specialist lecturer

geriatrics docent

healthcare specialist lector

paediatrics lecturer

healthcare lector

orthopaedics instructor

lecturer in specialized healthcare

geriatrics instructor

pathology lecturer

orthopaedics teacher

nursing specialist instructor

pathology teacher

embryology professor

specialist nursing lecturer

paediatrics teacher

dietetics instructor

dietetics professor

nursing specialist docent

healthcare specialist professor

embryology instructor

lecturer of specialized healthcare

orthopaedics lecturer

healthcare specialist instructor

lecturer of specialised healthcare

geriatrics teacher

pedagogy lecturer

healthcare specialist docent

orthopaedics professor

dietetics lecturer

specialist lecturer in healthcare science

lecturer in specialised healthcare

paediatrics professor

embryology lecturer

oncology lecturer

geriatrics professor

paediatrics docent

pathology instructor

orthopaedics docent

dietetics teacher

pathology docent

paediatrics instructor

lecturer in specialist healthcare science

nursing specialist teacher

embryology docent

university lecturer in healthcare science

nursing specialist lecturer

embryology teacher

healthcare specialist teacher

university healthcare science lecturer

nursing specialist professor

dietetics docent

Regulatory Aspect

To see if and how this occupation is regulated in EU Member States, EEA countries or Switzerland please consult the Regulated Professions Database of the Commission. Regulated Professions Database:

Skills & Competences